Hey! Well I know I´m kind of late for this fall thing and the pumpkin everything hall of fame, but for me pumpkin is kind of wintery, right? right? Well even if it’s not, I can swear this is ffff delicious! plus its warm, looks perfect for Thanksgiving and you can actually make it quick, a good thing if you promise you are going to make all the dinner at your place and then you end up at last minute with nothing done and some serious anxiety attack and buying pre-packed everything while you try to make everyone believe that you made it (yeah, been there like hundreds of times). This will totally save you even if you are a last minute kind of gal like me.
Now, talking about flavor again, this is literally GREAT! It´s a mix of pumpkin, chocolate and cinnamon, it´s not like a pumpkin cake, it´s not like a chocolate cake, it´s like something waaay beyond cooler like that, plus everyone at the table will love it! Even my dad, that only eats chocolate and hates everything that has some sort of vegetable in it, likes it. But if you have some chocohater at your table (why is he even sitting there anyway?), you are playing safe with this, because it doesn´t taste too strong, it’s basically a win/win or the perfect Thanksgiving cake like I like to call it.
I like to make them individual because I love individual everything, but this will work well if you make it bigger. Also make a couple more for the breakfast after the dinner, they go great with a cup of strong coffee and a bit of peanut butter.
- 100 g vegan butter (if you prefer use some nut butter)
- 1 flax seed egg
- 3 tablespoons stevia
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 cup melted vegan chocolate
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Butter up 3 small boundt cake pans.
- In a bowl mix the vegan butter with the flax seed egg and the stevia until creamy.
- Incorporate the cacao powder and the melted chocolate.
- Add the pumpkin puree, the baking powder, the cinnamon and the vanilla extract.
- Add the water and the flour making sure you have no lumps.
- Divide the batter between the 3 pans and place in the oven
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done