Brownies are the perfect everyday treat. They are super easy to make, all the ingredients are easy to find and with a small bite you fill your chocolate/sweet cravings, plus everyone loves a fresh baked brownie. I woke up today with an incredible craving for brownies, but as you may know I love to share what I have baked with friends, and all of my friends are on a diet (a here-we-go-summer kind of diet) so I prepared this healthy version of an old time favorite using walnut flour instead of whole wheat flour, using only 1 tablespoon of stevia and with bitter chocolate ganache that will add a chocolate punch (and all the chocolate benefits) without the extra calories.
- 2 Tablespoons margarine
- 1 Tablespoon stevia
- 2 Tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 Cup walnut flour
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips melted (for the ganache)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt the butter in the microwave,.
- In a bowl mix the melted butter with the stevia, the cocoa and the vanilla.
- Mix in the walnut flour.
- Slowly add the sugar and mix until the batter is shiny.
- Spread the batter evenly into a plan and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cover with the melted chocolate and cut into small squares.