This is a traditional Swedish cake named Toscakaka but with a coffee twist, is basically a fluffy vanilla cake topped with caramel and almonds. The cake is sweet and moist while the golden caramel add the perfect amount of crunchiness. Almonds give a hint of flavor and coffee adds a subtle aroma. The best thing of all is that in less than 30 minutes you will have an elaborated cake to pamper your guests. Warning: This is probably the most addictive cake on earth, sharing is not going to be an easy thing with a cake so delicious.
- 45 ml almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons margarine
- 75 g powdered sugar (if using other type of sugar or sweetener just grind it in a food processor)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 75 g flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 Teaspoon instant coffee
- Place the almonds in a baking pan and place in the oven for 5 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Meanwhile mix the sugar, the vanilla and 10 ml of the milk together.
- In another bowl mix the flour and the baking powder.
- Add 1/3 of the flour to the vanilla mixture mixing constantly
- Drizzle half of the milk. And add 1/3 of flour. Repeat with the rest of the milk and the rest of the flour.
- Finally drizzle half of the butter and later the other half.
- Transfer to small ramekins and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile place the sugar in a small pan over medium heat.
- Mix constantly until the sugar melts and starts getting a golden color.
- Add the roasted almonds and the coffee.
- Cover the cakes with the caramel and let them cool.
- Eat them when the caramel is hard and cold.