Cake has the ability to warm your soul and make your heart smile a little, maybe more than a little. Usually a big piece of store bought cake will make it but sometimes you want something a little bit fancier, something like a homemade french miniature dessert.
Two layers of pure french decadence, the most moist cake you will ever taste. Maybe you even want to add it a filling, a sweet soft cacao filling spiced with a hint of red wine. And if you want to have an even luxurious dessert just top it with some sliced almonds and prepare your palate to a sweet journey.
- 3/4 Cup flour
- 1 Cup sugar or stevia
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup cacao powder
- 1 Cup almond milk
- 1/4 Cup oil or vegetable butter
- 1/2 Cup brewed coffee
- 1 Cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 Cup cacao powder
- 1/4 Cup confectioner sugar or stevia
- 5 Tablespoons red wine
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a baking pan.
- In a bowl mix the flour, the sugar, the baking powder and the cocoa. Add the almond milk and the vegan butter. Mix well until combined. Stir in the coffee. The mixture will be runny.
- Pour it in the pan and place it in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- With a cookie cutter cut the cake in circular shapes.
- In a food processor mix all the ingredients until combined.
- With a spoon cover the top of all the mini cakes with the filling. Place one of the circular shapes on top of the other and add some sliced almonds.