Having time to enjoy a cup of hot coffee is one of my little guilty pleasures. But sometimes you need something extra, a small piece of sweet heaven, and biscottis are just what you need to feel in the Italian country-side. Hard, sweet, simple, perfect to be dunked while enjoying the even sweetest taste of good friends chatting around some coffee.
- 1/2 Cup almond flour
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 Cup almond mik
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the oil and the sugar.
- Add the vanilla, the milk and the salt mixing well.
- Start folding in the almond flour and the whole wheat flour.
- Mix until the mixture is firm.
- Form the dough into a log and place on a baking sheet and in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Take out the log and cut it, with a serrated knife, in slices.
- Place the slices in the oven for 20 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out and enjoy