I love pancakes, mommy used to make them Sunday mornings. I remember waking up early (and getting piss of if I didn´t) to help her mix, add, cook and serve enormous quantities of pancakes. So pancakes feel as home to me. I love how something so simple can end up been so homey, or so country side, or so decadent and luxury, pancakes are full of options, you just need to start exploring them.
This recipe is perfect for a weekend breakfast when you can sit down and enjoy the little things of life, when you can enjoy each one of the flavors of this involving dish. First will come the vanilla notes of the pancakes, followed by the sweet apricots, the savory almonds and then, finally, some shy mint. This will be and adventure to your palate.
- 1 Cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla
- 3/4 Cup of almond milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Apricot sliced
- 2 Tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 Cup of water
- Some bourbon
- 1/4 Cup of almonds
- In a bowl mix the flour with the sugar and the salt.
- Add the milk and the vanilla and mix well.
- Heat a pan with some oil (I use sesame seed oil). You can put the oil into a napkin and then rub it against the pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and cook until it´s golden brown (Around 2 minutes each side)
- Set them aside
- In a pan mix the water and the sugar.
- Add the apricots and let it simmer for 7 minutes with low heat.
- Add the bourbon and let it cook for another 7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- I use the same pan from the apricots so the sugar was still there and slightly caramelized.
- Heat the pan, add the almonds and mix it well for 2 minutes.
- Finally serve with a pinch of mint and enjoy, relax, dream.