I love decadent breakfast. Getting up early in the morning knowing that you have enough time to cook and eat. Actually I like getting up very early when you feel as if you were the only person awake in the world, when every light is turned off and even the tree leaves are sleeping. I love that silence, the quite silence that comes just before the world awakes. In those days I love putting on my cozy slippers, grabbing a comfy sweater and cooking something warm and delicious, just as poached apricots.
The recipe is so simple you can make it even asleep, but the results are so mouthwatering, that you are going to feel as if you were eating in a top end restaurant.
This luxury simple breakfast can be transformed in a high end dessert that brings people around your table. Best of all, the smell if plain perfect. The mint, the wine, the vanilla, blends so well with the apricots that your house is going to be ready to welcome your guests.
- 5 Apricots halved and stoned
- 1 Cup of water
- 3/4 Cup of white wine
- 2 Tablespoon of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon of mint leaves
- Mix the water, the wine and the sugar in a small pot. Simmer over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the apricots.
- Simmer for 1 minute and add the vanilla and the mint leaves.
- Let it simmer for 4 minutes or until they are soft.
- Serve with some soy yogurt or almond milk ice cream.